Last 5 Meetings
- March 14, 2023 Agenda PacketAgenda
- February 28, 2023 Agenda PacketAgenda
- February 14, 2023 MinutesAgenda PacketAgendaLate Submittals
- January 24, 2023 MinutesAgenda PacketAgenda
- January 10, 2023 MinutesAgenda PacketAgenda
|BUECHNER, TOBY||Dec 31, 2023|
|FAISON, CARLTON||Dec 31, 2023|
|FOX, TYLER ANTHONY||Dec 31, 2025|
|HUTSON, MICHAEL W||Dec 31, 2024|
|KRENT, THOMAS G||Dec 31, 2025|
|LAMBERT, DAVE||Dec 31, 2024|
|MALALAHALLI, JAYALAKSHMI||Dec 31, 2023|
|PERAKIS, MARIANNA||Dec 31, 2025|
|TAGLE, JOHN J||Dec 31, 2024|
Public Comment may be communicated to the Planning Commission via telephone voice mail by calling 248.524.1305 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All comments will be provided to the Planning Commission.
If you wish to comment on an agenda item during the meeting you can participate as an attendee by clicking here.
(Once clicked you will be redirected to Zoom.us. If prompted enter passcode: 958565)
Watch Live Meetings Here
Planning Commission: Pursuant to Chapter 39 of the City of Troy Code of Ordinances, the Planning Commission consists of nine members appointed by the Mayor subject to the approval by a majority vote of the City Council elect for three-year terms. A non-voting student representative is also appointed. No members shall hold any other municipal office except that one of such member may be a member of the Board of Zoning Appeals. All members shall hold office until their successors are appointed. The Planning Commission shall have the powers and duties vested in it by the laws of the State of Michigan and the Ordinance Code of the City of Troy and shall consider and make its recommendations to the City Council on any matters referred to it by the City Council relating to such duties.
Powers and duties of the Planning Commission include the following:
1. The making and adopting (if designated by City Council) of a master plan for the physical development of the municipality.
2. Recommendations related to the adoption of a Zoning Ordinance or amendments to the Zoning Ordinance.
3. The recommendation of approval to City Council of all preliminary plats subdividing land, planned unit developments, and any amendments or alterations thereof.
4. The recommendation to City Council on ordinance text amendments, street and alley vacations or extensions, and historic district designations.
5. Acting as the approval authority on site plans and special use approval applications.
City Liaison: Planning Director, 248.524.3364.
The Planning Commission holds a Regular meeting on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 7 pm in the City Council Boardroom.
During the Covid Pandemic Remote meetings will be streamed live here.
Planning Commission By-Laws